A new CNN poll says 48 percent of Americans think the country is headed for another Great Depression in the next twelve months. We are living in trying times that are being compared to the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War. There is unrest, distrust and a “better get mine while I can” mindset brewing due to our sluggish economy and many other factors. Some believe it is going to get better. The experts say if it doesn’t get better soon, there could be a huge social uproar.
I say instead of planning for the worse, let's plan to make things better – no matter what. Instead of waiting for a wave of optimism, we can inspire positive movement. Positive movement starts by simply helping one another accept that times have changed and each of us must change too. Making a positive change in your own life will inspire others to make a positive change in their life too.
- Alter your schedule in order to have time for your family and self
- Learn a new skill or reinvent your career
- Make a new financial plan for a rainy day or retirement
- Start a home business to make ends meet
- Take better care of yourself so that you can age gracefully
- De-stress and put some fun back into your life
- Find a way to share your gifts and talent with people in need
What have you considered changing?